Donor Confidentiality & Rights
The Public’s Radio
Donor Confidentiality and Station Accountability Policies
Philanthropy is voluntary action taken for the common good of our community. The tradition of giving and sharing is central to our quality of life. To assure that your giving is treated with the respect and trust it deserves and that donors and prospective donors have full confidence in the not-for-profit organizations and causes they support, we declare that all donors to The Public’s Radio have the right to:
- Be kept informed of the organization's mission, the way The Public’s Radio uses contributed resources and its capacity to use gifts for their intended purposes in an effective manner.
- Know the identity of those serving on the Board of Directors and to expect the Board to exercise prudent judgment in its fiduciary and stewardship duties.
- Have timely access to the organization's most recent audited financial statements.
- Be assured contributions will be used for the purposes for which they are intended.
- Receive appropriate acknowledgment and recognition.
- Have confidence that The Public’s Radio will not sell donor information or trade it with any for-profit entity.
- The Public’s Radio may occasionally share a list one time with another non-profit for collaboration purposes.
- Donor names will not be mentioned on-air or appear in print without a donor’s permission.
- Have full confidence that information about giving is handled with respect and confidentiality to the fullest extent provided by law.
- Expect that all relationships with individuals representing The Public’s Radio will be professional in nature.
- Be aware of whether those seeking gifts for The Public’s Radio are volunteers, employees, or hired solicitors.
- Request to be removed from mailing lists that The Public’s Radio may intend to share. Please email your request to email@example.com.
- Have the freedom to ask questions about gift giving and to receive prompt, truthful, and forthright answers.
This statement was developed by the American Association of Fund-Raising Counsel, the Association for Healthcare Philanthropy, the Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE), and the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP). The Public’s Radio endorses it in its entirety.
If you have any questions or comments, please contact Erin R. Isabella, Director of Philanthropy and Stewardship at 401 519.0238 or firstname.lastname@example.org.